Thursday, November 26, 2009

Another Day in Paradise

Bali continues to intoxicate me the longer I am here. I have only gotten a few waves to date, but getting to know the people, who are some of the sweetest people on earth. They can't do enough for you and many of the women are very beautiful and laughter seems to be a national pastime.

The cost here is ridiculous. A full hour massage is $7.50 USD and I am paying $25.00 per day for a beautiful garden hotel suite with marble floors and a view of the bay and mountains.

We are headed to the volcano tomorrow and a tour of the island over the weekend. The volcano is smoking again after over 10 years. We have a driver and very modern van with video, etc from my friend Putu who is one of the top government officials in Bali and one of the most fun people I have ever met. Will speak more about him and show videos and pictures of him at his private kareoke bar soon.

Surf is flat right now, so going off to the mountains and the American enclave of Ubud.

More later guys.....stay warm in America.

No comments:

Post a Comment