Sunday, December 6, 2009

Paradise Found in Bali

Hello All,


Two days ago I made a trip out to the western side of Bali to the tropical pasture lands of Medewi and Balian. This is "Paradise Found". This is what I thought Bali was really like and I would advise anyone coming here to go and stay here. The trip from my hotel in the Bukit was about three to three and one half hours through many villages and towns in central Bali, but once we got past the Tabanan region, the land became super lush and pastures running down by many rivers to the ocean. When I first saw this region, I knew I was finally home in Bali, not to mention the super friendly people and great waves.


The local surfer boys at Medewi took this old man under their wings and we surfed the point at Medewi and at night they grilled fish right from the fishing boats near by at their surf shack called Rock Surf Shop. I hope you enjoy the pictures of this place, as this is truly a place to remember. The "Medewi Boys" also took me to a local "football", soccer championship, and these people are so poor they can hardly afford the soccer ball. It was a real scream, by the ocean, with a local MC on a PA system making jokes during the game, with little kids and their parents screaming at the top of their lungs, each time the ball was kicked, much less when someone scored a goal. Fittingly, the score was tied at 2 to 2 at the end of the game and everyone went off as friends. One of the most memorable times of my life, but unfortunately I did not have my camera, since it was so unexpected for my new friend "Rockman" to take me there.


The spirit and friendlyness of the Balinese people continue to amaze me, as they seem to have "no worries". I also got a wonderful massage right on the beach that night as my muscles were worn out after a long day of riding the point at Medewi.


Thats all for now and I hope you enjoy the photos.


Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment